How to improve your MS Teams client performance on a Windows PC?
Are you experiencing any of these symptoms? Microsoft Teams very slow, Microsoft teams lagging, Microsoft teams takes a long time to load, then use the following procedure to improve the responsive ness of your Teams clients.
You need to disable GPU Hardware acceleration, disable all Teams add-ins in Outlook, and clear MS Teams cache. Follow steps suggested below to improve MS Teams performance on a Windows PC.
Improve your MS Teams performance issues
Do the following actions described below to solve the performance problems with Microsoft Teams?
Improve MS Teams performance – Disable GPU Hardware acceleration
- In Teams Desktop App, left click your Profile photo or Icon
- then Click Settings.
- In Settings, in tab general, enable (Tick) “Disable GPU hardware acceleration “.
- Disable (Untick) “Register teams as the chat app for Office…“.
- Restart Teams. Please note that Teams runs in the background. You must close it from your system tray (near the clock at the bottom right).
Improve MS Teams performance – Disable all Teams add-ins in Outlook
- In Outlook, click Options.
- In the Outlook Options window, click Addins.
- At the bottom, click Go… (next to Manage: COM Add-ins).
Improve MS Teams performance – Clear Some of the MS Teams cache on PC.
- Quit MS Teams desktop client app by right-clicking Teams Icon in System tray and clicking Quit.
- In Windows Explorer, go to %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.
- Type ” %appdata%\Microsoft\teams ” without quotation marks in the search bar bottom left, just to the right of the Windows Logo in Windows 10 as shown in the picture below.
- Then delete the following files:
- In tmp folder, delete all files.
- In Blob_storage folder, delete all files.
- In Cache folder, delete all files.
- In IndexedDB folder, delete the .db file.
- In GPUCache folder, delete all files.
- In databases folder, delete all files.
- In Local Storage folder, delete all files.
- Then Re-Start MS Teams App.
Microsoft Teams should perform much faster after completing the steps given above on your Teams Client Windows 10 PC.
Say YES to a new life of Secure Remote Collaboration with your Employees and Customers?
How do I clear ALL MS Teams cache on PC?
Steps to clear ALL MS Teams cache:
- Exit of the Microsoft Teams Desktop APP.
- Right click on the Teams icon in your system tray.
- Click Quit.
- Click on the Search Bar (File Explorer).
- Type the following location into the Windows 10 search field: ” %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams “
- Click on the best match %appdata%\Microsoft\teams folder.
- Ctrl A to select all files in the ” %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams ” sub-directory.
- Delete all files and folders in the ” %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams ” sub-directory.
After deleting ALL the MS Teams cache files and folders, your PC will be using the Teams client like it’s the very first time.
- Restart the Computer.
- Launch Microsoft Teams.
Notice how quick MS Teams loads up.
AppData Folder Names and Locations for Microsoft Teams clients are:
• %AppData%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage
Google Chrome cache files location
• %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache
• %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies
• %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data
Internet Explorer cache files location
• Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files
• Internet Explorer Cookies
If you are aware of other ways to improve the performance of your Microsoft Teams Client, please let us know through comments below.